ACNW Location and Driving Directions
Centrally located within an hour and a half of the Twin Cities, Duluth, and Saint Cloud, the Audubon Center of the North Woods is easy to find. Clear signage directs you from the I-35 exit along the five miles to the Center gates. Our convenient location enables you to have a remote nature-immersion experience while saving time, money, and energy.
54165 Audubon Dr., Sandstone, MN 55072
Audubon Center GPS coordinates
Click here to download printable map and directions
Directions to the Audubon Center
From the Twin Cities and Duluth:
Our center is located only six miles from Interstate 35, 90 miles north of the Twin Cities (about 1 1/2 hours) and 60 miles south of Duluth (about 1 hour). The sanctuary is on Grindstone Lake and is near Banning State Park, the Hinckley Fire Museum, the Northwest Fur Post and the Kettle River.
- From Interstate 35, exit on the Sandstone Exit 191.
- Go west on County road 61 just over 2 miles
- Turn right (west) on County Road 27 and go about 100 feet
- Turn left (south) at the ‘T’ intersection with Grindstone Lake Road, and go just over 3 miles
- Turn right (north) on County Road 17 (Fox Road) and go 250 feet
- Turn left (west) at Audubon Drive. Follow this road for 1 mile to the main campus