Join for us for a one- or two-night environmental learning experience full of outdoor skills and ecology education. During these camps, your students will have the opportunity for more in-depth and hands-on learning in an outdoor setting.
Through class options focused on ecology, wildlife, adventure, or cultural and natural history they will discover new ways to connect with the natural world, challenge themselves to push the limits of their comfort zones, and have fun in a new learning environment.
Our homeschool camps provide a wide variety of outdoor, inquiry-based courses, with course schedules that are customized for each camp to accommodate the ages and number of students. We tailor our classes to take the best advantage of the weather and seasons, so classes will vary from fall to winter.
Each camp will include a variety of age-appropriate, science-focused wildlife, ecology, and STEM classes. Some examples include:
- Creek Creatures–students catch and identify stream macroinvertebrates and use their data to determine the level of pollution in Windmill Creek.
- Predator/Prey–an engrossing simulation in which students act out predator/prey relationships.
- Wind Power!–Students study our wind turbine before engineering and building their own.
In addition to these courses, homeschool camp includes seasonal adventure classes, such as archery or cross-country skiing, as well as an opportunity to meet some of our educational animals with an evening Raptor Program!
Visit our Calendar of Events for dates, additional info and registration.
Fall Homeschool Camp (November 5-7)
Winter Homeschool Camp (January 14-16)
We intend for homeschool parents and teachers to utilize a portion of their time here to network, share ideas and experiences and network with other home educators. We hope it can be a great learning opportunity for students, teachers and parents alike. We welcome families of all sizes, and cooperatives are encouraged to inquire.
All-inclusive – includes lodging, meals and classes led by our highly-trained education staff. We offer these at a tiered family rate to make them more affordable for homeschool groups, coops, and parents.
Homeschool Field Trip Pricing*
One-night, two-day option
(includes 1 night lodging, 4 meals and classes):
- First participant – full price $94
- Second and third participants – 25% off ($71)
- Additional participants – 50% ($48)
Two-night, three-day option
(includes 2 nights lodging, 7 meals and classes):
- First participant – full price $118
- Second & third participants – 25% off ($89)
- Additional participants – 50% ($60)
* pricing is per person (student or adult)
Note: Families will stay in the same room. There should be at least one parent involved (no drop-offs).
ACNW is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement