- This event has passed.
Bids for Kids 2019
November 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm$50
Bids for Kids 2019
K-12 Scholarship Fundraiser
November 7, 2019
at Silverwood Park
in St. Anthony, MN
Join us for this inspiring evening
to support our K-12 environmental learners!
Silent Auction and Social Hour – 6:00-7:00 pm,
Program and Live Auction – 7:00 pm
With emcee Belinda Jensen
from KARE-11 TV
♦ Heavy Appetizers ♦ Drinks
♦ Live Music
♦ Silent & Live Auctions
♦ Raffle Drawing
To reserve your spot:
- Registration is now closed.
Cost is $50/person.
Pre-registration is required.
This is a prepaid event. Please note that there are no refunds issued for cancellations.
Week at Schwyzer Lodge at ACNW ($2,550 value)
Saturday to Friday, 6 nights, subject to availability
Historic lakeside home on beautiful, deep Grindstone Lake amidst old-growth pines
5 bedrooms; total capacity of 22 people
Large screen porch with a lake view
Large comfortable living room with fireplace
Full-size modern kitchen
Large family dining room to easily seat 12-16 people
Wireless Internet and AV capabilities/equipment
The Lollygagger Lounge Chair ($695 value)
The Lollygagger has an integrated bottle opener hidden under right arm just in case you get thirsty but don’t want to get up. Plus, it’s made from recycled plastic, which means it’s easy to clean and requires no maintenance.
3-Night Stay at Sea Villa at Lutsen ($943 value)
Located 2½ miles from the Lutsen Main Lodge, the Sea Villas property includes 1/2 mile of shoreline with spacious grounds, peaceful walking trails and fire rings at the shore for beach campfires. The Sea Villas have their own Guest Service building with registration and a large indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and kid’s play feature.
One bedroom (one queen)
Ladder access loft with three twin mattresses
Full kitchen (pots and pans, tableware)
Living room (with pull-out sofa)
Wood-burning fireplace (wood provided)
TV and DVD player
Free wireless internet
Towels and linens provided
Fawn Island Weekend (priceless)
- Douglas & Kathy Wood’s 6 acre island
- Friday-Sunday on Rainy Lake (June-August 2020)
- 1925 log cabin with electricity
Cabin is 2-bedroom: guests will have a private
queen bedroom with lake view and hosts
Doug & Kathy will stay in the other bedroom
- All meals, boating and fishing tackle provided
- No plumbing – but an outhouse!
Hamline University Graduate Class Series (up to 6 classes) ($1,050 value)
- Join ACNW’s Executive Director and Hamline University Adjunct Faculty Member Bryan Wood for an incredible year-long learning experience
- Participate in up to six graduate level Hamline University field classes offered through the Audubon Center of the North Woods
- Weekend courses include: Reading the Landscape, Wonders of Winter, Minnesota Forests, Clean Energy Solutions, Spring Wildflowers, Sustainable Food Systems
- Classes begin Friday evenings and go until Sunday afternoon. On-site lodging, meals and instruction are covered
- You will learn alongside Hamline University graduate students and Audubon Center of the North Woods interns
- Value $1,050
Silver Rapids Lodge 2 Night Stay & Wintergreen Half-Day Dogsled Day trip for 2 ($728 value)
Tucked among the birch for privacy with its original 1920s log exterior, this cabin has been remodeled to give the the comforts of home. Features a kitchen (small refrigerator) and two bedrooms. The Bear’s Den is complete with wood fireplace and a deck facing lakeside overlooking White Iron Lake. Private fire pit and picnic area with easy parking. December through March. Dogsled trip includes lunch.
ACNW VIP Day (priceless)
- Enjoy a personalized tour of the facilities and land with Executive Director Bryan Wood on our beautiful 780 acre campus
- Learn about the history, current programs and natural environments of ACNW
- Picnic lunch on the trail
- See our educational animals up close, try our climbing wall, high ropes course, archery range and canoes. Whatever you’d like!
- Happy Hour Pontoon Boat Ride on Grindstone Lake with cocktails and appetizers
- Dinner at Board Member Deb Curran’s house overlooking Grindstone Lake
- 1-4 people
- Value: Priceless
Picasso 1960 Paris peace congress “Doves” poster (Value: $4,000-$6,000) (delivery included)
“Paix Désarmement (Peace)” – Framed first edition poster designed and created by Pablo Picasso to raise funds and awareness for the 1960 Paris Movement for Peace conference, which never took place.
Details: lithograph on linen-backed paper; printed by Mourlout Freres Studio, Paris; edition size, 2500; 31.75 x 47 inches (without frame).
Background: The poster features “the Dove of Peace” from a work created by Picasso in 1952. The image was to become one of the most famous symbols of the era. Picasso drew the dove in black and white lithography, and the bands of color were added by the Mourlot Studio, which was home for his work in lithography beginning in 1945. Over the next 25 years he created over 400 lithographs at Mourlet. The poster is referenced in the Picasso raisonne of posters Czwiklitzer Number 150.
“Lovers’ Trees” framed limited edition print by Chinese Yunnan School founder Jiang Tie Feng. ($2,500-$4,000 value) (delivery included)
Portrays two brightly colored trees amongst lush tropical foliage with house in the background.
Details: serigraph (silkscreen) on vellum paper; #85 of edition of 300 printed in 1993; individually signed by the artist; 34 x 58 inches (without frame); certificate of authenticity included.
1 wk House stay in Sayulita, Mexico ($2,450-3,150 value)
2 bed 2 bath Suite. Can choose one of two units, subject to availability. Welcome to sunny Sayulita! A charming fishing village, Sayulita is a hidden gem with picturesque beaches, charming restaurants and great food. Unlike some other Mexican towns, tourists mingle with locals in a relaxed atmosphere, without the hustle and bustle of major touristy resorts. Sayulita is still small with only about 5,000 full-time residents, although this number increases during the tourist season. It’s impossible to get lost and easy to connect with friends even if they have rented another villa on the other side of the village. No stoplights or freeways…just a mere 30 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta.
You can still help us raise K12 scholarship funds with an online donation – click here to make an online donation